Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> Computers, Gadgets & Gizmos > Apps Downloading problem n Micromax Canvas Fire 2 !

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 30th June 2018
/r/XossipNoHoldsBarred/

thermometer1 has received several accoladesthermometer1 has received several accoladesthermometer1 has received several accoladesthermometer1 has received several accoladesthermometer1 has received several accolades
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutpalm View Post
Here's my /system partition from Android Marshmallow. As you can see, it's almost full 2 GB used, 60.7 MB free.

So what's the conclusion?

I thought manufacturer had reserved even more space for OS updates, so /system being almost full is no problem? Everything is hunky-dory on the phone.

Screenshot comes from FX File Explorer. Hope the data was calculated accurately by the app.

< image >
So as per this thread, you should be having difficulties installing apps since your system partition is full?

I happened to read that the system partition is only for the rom and does not affect user apps.

It is dumb to hardsize these partitions, unless of course the manufacturers want to stick their bloat where it can remain untouched by users. Pity that android is based on linux and yet sucks.

So long, and thanks for all the fish

Old 30th June 2018
www.FilesFlash.net

coconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermometer1 View Post
So as per this thread, you should be having difficulties installing apps since your system partition is full?

I happened to read that the system partition is only for the rom and does not affect user apps.

It is dumb to hardsize these partitions, unless of course the manufacturers want to stick their bloat where it can remain untouched by users. Pity that android is based on linux and yet sucks.
I don't understand the impact of having a /system partition that is close to full. It may be having some impact, but it's not clear what exactly that is. My experience with this phone:

(1) There is no noticeable lag. It's perfectly usable as of now.

(2) I have zero problems with installing/uninstalling apps.

(3) It's Android 6.0.1 now. Originally came with Android Lollipop. I got a small OTA update last week. It's not in the fate of this phone to be upgraded to Android Nougat though.

(4) There's nothing I can do about the size of the /system partition. I am not going to root the phone/resize any partitions. Too much hassle.

(5) I dropped the phone several times, but the display didn't crack. This is a coded message from the good Lord that I should continue to use this phone.

Last edited by coconutpalm : 30th June 2018 at 10:54 AM.

Old 30th June 2018
www.FilesFlash.net

coconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universe
One thing surprised me though: The phone came with several pre-installed apps (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.). There was no option to uninstall them; the only option available was to disable them. I had done that a long time back.

Today morning, I reenabled those apps (there were 7 or 8 of them) and updated the apps. There were no problems with this. This decreased free space by 1 GB.

I imagined that the preinstalled apps go into the /system partition. But the decrease in free space was in the /data partition. So I was surprised. But maybe that's the way it's done?

So these apps seem to go into the user partition, but there's no option provided to uninstall them (I can only disable them).

Screenshots (left is with some pre-installed apps disabled and 3.3 GB free, right is with those apps updated and free space is now 2.3 GB):

Old 30th June 2018
/r/XossipNoHoldsBarred/

thermometer1 has received several accoladesthermometer1 has received several accoladesthermometer1 has received several accoladesthermometer1 has received several accoladesthermometer1 has received several accolades
Quote:
I imagined that the preinstalled apps go into the /system partition. But the decrease in free space was in the /data partition. So I was surprised. But maybe that's the way it's done?
Disabling the apps does not uninstall them or remove them from the system partition.

All it does is remove user data and clear the cache which happens in the data partition.

Old 30th June 2018
www.FilesFlash.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyhandsome View Post
I have 1.4 GB free space in Phone Memory but I can't download apps of just 60 MB size . What could be the problem ? Is there any software upgradation issue ? Kindly solve my issue .
Clear the cache and see if it helps.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to...orage-3623467/

Old 30th June 2018
www.FilesFlash.net

Can you tell me what version of Android you have?

Old 30th June 2018
www.FilesFlash.net

Quote:
Disabling the apps does not uninstall them or remove them from the system partition.

All it does is remove user data and clear the cache which happens in the data partition.
Android Marshmallow on Nexus 6P is using 1.8 GB for /system, so this seems to be in the ballpark.

Filesystem Size Used Free Blksize
/system 2.9G 1.8G 1.1G 4096

Old 30th June 2018
/r/XossipNoHoldsBarred/

Quote:
Can you tell me what version of Android you have?
That would be Android 4.4 for Canvas fire 2.

gsmarena.com/micromax_a104_canvas_fire_2-6941.php

On a similar device, I used to get out of space errors with even 1Gb phone memory free. I managed to free space by moving few apps to the SC card

Quote:
Android Marshmallow on Nexus 6P is using 1.8 GB for /system, so this seems to be in the ballpark.

Filesystem Size Used Free Blksize
/system 2.9G 1.8G 1.1G 4096
Plain ridiculous. Even laptops use 1/3rd of the file space for their system partitions.

Old 30th June 2018
\~! Im Active !~/
  Celebrity Contest: Guess the Celebrity Contest      
Mrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universe
Mine

/System
Total is 3.05GB
free is 1.54GB

Old 30th June 2018
\~! Im Active !~/
  Celebrity Contest: Guess the Celebrity Contest      
Mrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universe
Quote:

This is correct. Although the updates would have been installed elsewhere. Because those can be uninstalled which reverts back to the factory installed version.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls