Xossip

Go Back Xossip > ChitChat> News, Reviews & Gossip > Physicist Stephen Hawking dies aged 76

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 14th March 2018
~ Hold my hand ~
  MDTF: MasalaDesi Task Force    Moderator: Moderator of some forums    Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund    Contest Organizer: Active organizing member of an ongoing contest      
Mak has hacked the reps databaseMak has hacked the reps databaseMak has hacked the reps databaseMak has hacked the reps databaseMak has hacked the reps databaseMak has hacked the reps databaseMak has hacked the reps databaseMak has hacked the reps databaseMak has hacked the reps databaseMak has hacked the reps database
Send a message via ICQ to Mak Send a message via AIM to Mak Send a message via MSN to Mak Send a message via Yahoo to Mak Send a message via Skype™ to Mak

Old 14th March 2018
Proud Noob Padawan

damaaldusk has disabled reputations
Brightest mind of the modern era after Einstein. He will be hugely missed by the Science community.

Old 14th March 2018
Custom title

Just a Salesman has received several accoladesJust a Salesman has received several accoladesJust a Salesman has received several accolades
Quote:
Originally Posted by damaaldusk View Post
Brightest mind of the modern era after Einstein. He will be hugely missed by the Science community.
Yes very respected for great imagination about Universe, creation, holes etc, sympathised and praised for resilience against disability, awarded and recognised for theories and hypothesis.

BUT

Any hard tangible product, technology, invention, discovery, pathbreaking research item number for human race? Or only imagination and stories?

That way many other people and books from spiritual and religious field also have given many theories about universe creation etc etc but ridiculed and made fun of by most human beings for no evidence but when scientist puts some theory etc then wah wah jawab nahi.

Mind u i hv great respect for the person as a fellow human being and no intention of belittling him but why make a human being larger than life? In any other situation if human being is made larger than life people make nasty attacks.

Give what is due and shut the fuck up and move on.

Old 14th March 2018
Custom title

Just a Salesman has received several accoladesJust a Salesman has received several accoladesJust a Salesman has received several accolades
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/63295464.cms

http://www.fisica.net/relatividade/s...ry_of_time.pdf

1. Earth could turn into Venus
2. Human race would have to colonize outer space in the next 200-500 years
3. Warns about prospect of hostile aliens
4. Warns Artificial Intelligence may replace humans
5. Humans need to leave the Earth to survive another million years
6. There was nothing before the Big Bang

Ok. Thank you for letting us know. RIP.

Old 14th March 2018
Proud Noob Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Salesman View Post
Yes very respected for great imagination about Universe, creation, holes etc, sympathised and praised for resilience against disability, awarded and recognised for theories and hypothesis.

BUT

Any hard tangible product, technology, invention, discovery, pathbreaking research item number for human race? Or only imagination and stories?

That way many other people and books from spiritual and religious field also have given many theories about universe creation etc etc but ridiculed and made fun of by most human beings for no evidence but when scientist puts some theory etc then wah wah jawab nahi.

Give what is due and shut the fuck up and move on.
Such an ignorant post

Hawking's branch was theoretical physics, which isn't about discovering & manufacturing smartphones. He and other theoretical physicists are all about bringing experimental and observed data from other branches of physics into the context of a wider framework. The "theory of everything.". Don't you dare compare theoretical physics to mythical "ved-puran science written on banana leaves".

Some of the 20th century's most respected and important physicists have been theoretical physicists; Einstein, Hawking, Sagan, Tyson and others. Theoretical physicists work at the bleeding edge of what we understand about the universe. They do not pull numbers out of their ass, but back it up with experimental data and research papers which are validated by the community a numbers of times before they are accepted as theorem & laws.

Hawking's work is mainly in astrophysics and general relativity, he branched out into quantum physics and particle physics. He became a household name due to the book "A Brief History of Time", which brought theoretical physics into mainstream culture for the first time since Einstein. In the book, he explained phenomenon like the space-time continuum and the speed of light in a way that casual readers and high-school level science students could understand, as well as mathematically proving the existence of black holes and dark matter for the first time. He theorized that black holes emit radiation, which was previously thought impossible because of their gravitational pull, then he proved it in both mathematical and layman's terms. He simplified theoretical physics for an average Joe.

Just like Einstein, he won't be remembered for one stand-out discovery above all others, but for the body of his work. He has done as much to further the field of physics during his lifetime as Einstein, Newton, Copernicus, Aristotle...

So, don't beat yourself over, in case Hawking's field of work is beyond your intellect to understand it's importance.

Old 15th March 2018
Custom title

Quote:
Such an ignorant post

Hawking's branch was theoretical physics, which isn't about discovering & manufacturing smartphones. He and other theoretical physicists are all about bringing experimental and observed data from other branches of physics into the context of a wider framework. The "theory of everything.". Don't you dare compare theoretical physics to mythical "ved-puran science written on banana leaves".

Some of the 20th century's most respected and important physicists have been theoretical physicists; Einstein, Hawking, Sagan, Tyson and others. Theoretical physicists work at the bleeding edge of what we understand about the universe. They do not pull numbers out of their ass, but back it up with experimental data and research papers which are validated by the community a numbers of times before they are accepted as theorem & laws.

Hawking's work is mainly in astrophysics and general relativity, he branched out into quantum physics and particle physics. He became a household name due to the book "A Brief History of Time", which brought theoretical physics into mainstream culture for the first time since Einstein. In the book, he explained phenomenon like the space-time continuum and the speed of light in a way that casual readers and high-school level science students could understand, as well as mathematically proving the existence of black holes and dark matter for the first time. He theorized that black holes emit radiation, which was previously thought impossible because of their gravitational pull, then he proved it in both mathematical and layman's terms. He simplified theoretical physics for an average Joe.

Just like Einstein, he won't be remembered for one stand-out discovery above all others, but for the body of his work. He has done as much to further the field of physics during his lifetime as Einstein, Newton, Copernicus, Aristotle...

So, don't beat yourself over, in case Hawking's field of work is beyond your intellect to understand it's importance.
Ok Thank you for the THEORETICAL PHYSICS theories and hypothesis with no evidence whatsoever and pls RIP. U worship him WITH YOUR INTELLECT, I prefer to acknowledge the theories WITH MY INTELLECT, say thank u sir and move on.

i NEVER USED THE WORDS VED - PURAN, as usual u jumped the gun and put words into my mouth. All religions, faiths, cults, prophets, gurus, babas, maulanas, fathers, philosophers have their own theories and hypothesis of creation and universe and many other things. I am not saying they are right or they are great. Ultimately it is all limitless imagination with no evidence.

U are clubbing Steve with Newton Copernicus which factually i think is TOTALLY WRONG AND VOILA u even clubbed ARISTOTLE. LOL WHAT COMPARISON!!!

Old 15th March 2018
Proud Noob Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Salesman View Post
Ok Thank you for the THEORETICAL PHYSICS theories and hypothesis with no evidence whatsoever and pls RIP. U worship him WITH YOUR INTELLECT, I prefer to acknowledge the theories WITH MY INTELLECT, say thank u sir and move on.

i NEVER USED THE WORDS VED - PURAN, as usual u jumped the gun and put words into my mouth. All religions, faiths, cults, prophets, gurus, babas, maulanas, fathers, philosophers have their own theories and hypothesis of creation and universe and many other things. I am not saying they are right or they are great. Ultimately it is all limitless imagination with no evidence.

U are clubbing Steve with Newton Copernicus which factually i think is TOTALLY WRONG AND VOILA u even clubbed ARISTOTLE. LOL WHAT COMPARISON!!!
As suspected you do not have an inkling about Theoretical & Astro physics as you keep clubbing it with work of prophets and gurus

So, no point wasting time with you on this topic.

Wait till you come across something called string theory. You might end up comparing it with the chronicles of Alif Laila.

I suspect you have not heard of Aristotelian physics judging by your last sentence, hence you are completely unaware of his importance in physics and astronomy.

Last edited by damaaldusk : 15th March 2018 at 12:58 AM.

Old 15th March 2018
Proud Noob Padawan

classic Hawking here: https://twitter.com/nicolelzhu/statu...82775131230208

Old 15th March 2018
Custom title

Quote:
As suspected you do not have an inkling about Theoretical & Astro physics as you keep clubbing it with work of prophets and gurus

So, no point wasting time with you on this topic.

Wait till you come across something called string theory. You might end up comparing it with the chronicles of Alif Laila.

I suspect you have not heard of Aristotelian physics judging by your last sentence, hence you are completely unaware of his importance in physics and astronomy.
Again making assumptions and underestimation and fiddling with what is said.

Who is clubbing what?

I am only saying that everything is theories and imagination without evidence but ppl are ready to trash the hallucinations of spiritual and religous scientists but when a so called theoretical physicst hallucinates HE IS GREAT!!! That is all that i am saying. I am not supporting either. Both are chutiya banaoing.

String theory is busted man, u are outdated and u claim to hv so much knowledge of astro theoro physics. Einstein was also busted. Format and update urself. Every half century THEORITICAL PHYSICIS comes up with new soups and keeps changing goalposts theories hypothesis with no evidence.

Do u need theoretical physics to tell u all this crap!!!

1. Earth could turn into Venus
2. Human race would have to colonize outer space in the next 200-500 years
3. Warns about prospect of hostile aliens
4. Warns Artificial Intelligence may replace humans
5. Humans need to leave the Earth to survive another million years
6. There was nothing before the Big Bang

AND HERE IS UR ARISTOTLIEAN PHYSICS

Quote: Aristotle did not believe in the atomic theory and he taught so otherwise. He thought that all materials on Earth were not made of atoms, but of the four elements, Earth, Fire, Water, and Air. Unquote. This is a direct lift from u know where and what.

Old 15th March 2018
Visit my website

elliechandra is beginning to get noticed
RIP

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls