Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> Computers, Gadgets & Gizmos > backup hard drive data

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 16th April 2018
ஆளப்&#

lovely_jack4al has received several accoladeslovely_jack4al has received several accoladeslovely_jack4al has received several accoladeslovely_jack4al has received several accoladeslovely_jack4al has received several accolades
backup hard drive data

i want to know is it possible data from a external hard drive to as a backup file in other drive so that if that external drive gets physical damage and using restore option using any software possible restore the previously backed up data(backupfile extension just like image file)

Old 16th April 2018
www.FilesFlash.net

coconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universe
If you are concerned about data loss from an external drive, you can buy another external drive of the same size and keep two backup copies of your data.

That way, if one of your external drives is damaged, you still have your data on the other external drive.

Example: Suppose you have a 1 TB external drive containing your data. Buy another 1 TB external drive, and keep another copy of your data in the second external drive. Each time you backup your data, you can back it up to both external drives.

To back up your data, you don't have to copy the entire data. Instead, you can use a program that only backs up files that have changed since the last backup. There are dozens of backup programs available. For example, you can use SyncBack on Windows.

Note:
You can also take an image of your external drive (for example, using Macrium Reflect on Windows), and save the image file somewhere. The disadvantage with this approach is that the data in an image file is not readily readable and accessible.

Old 17th April 2018
ஆளப்&#

lovely_jack4al has received several accoladeslovely_jack4al has received several accoladeslovely_jack4al has received several accoladeslovely_jack4al has received several accoladeslovely_jack4al has received several accolades
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutpalm View Post
If you are concerned about data loss from an external drive, you can buy another external drive of the same size and keep two backup copies of your data.

That way, if one of your external drives is damaged, you still have your data on the other external drive.

Example: Suppose you have a 1 TB external drive containing your data. Buy another 1 TB external drive, and keep another copy of your data in the second external drive. Each time you backup your data, you can back it up to both external drives.

To back up your data, you don't have to copy the entire data. Instead, you can use a program that only backs up files that have changed since the last backup. There are dozens of backup programs available. For example, you can use SyncBack on Windows.

Note:
You can also take an image of your external drive (for example, using Macrium Reflect on Windows), and save the image file somewhere. The disadvantage with this approach is that the data in an image file is not readily readable and accessible.
thanks for your suggestion what about cloning

Last edited by lovely_jack4al : 17th April 2018 at 09:38 AM.

Old 17th April 2018

gowindo has many secret admirersgowindo has many secret admirers
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely_jack4al View Post
The option that cococnutpalm has mentioned in the end as a note is called cloning only. you can use clonezilla which is free and open source. you can also Acronius which is commercial, but it may support restoring to dissimilar hardware, i.e., to another machine of different configuration. Not all cloning software will support this. PING (partition image is not ghost) is one more free, open-source tool.

it would depend on type of data. if it is documents like word-excel, backup to cloud over dropbox. if it is pictures, music, videos, backup to another hard disk. FreeFileSync is one of the good, free, open-source tools for this. It has a portable version that does not require installation.

cloning or partition imaging is used only in organizational environments for backing up OS partitions where there is plenty of machines of identical configuration.

Old 17th April 2018
ஆளப்&#

images pics videos are my stuff i want back up as image like later open that file it has to restore to media like that expecting any suggestion

Old 17th April 2018
www.FilesFlash.net

coconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universe
Quote:
images pics videos are my stuff i want back up as image like later open that file it has to restore to media like that expecting any suggestion
What to do depends on your situation. Consider two different cases:

Case 1. You have all your data on a laptop. You have backed up the data to an external drive. In this case, you don't have to worry much. Because if the external drive is damaged, you still have the data on the laptop.

Case 2. You have data only on one external drive. In this case, you should consider backing up the data on the external drive.

Old 18th April 2018
ஆளப்&#

https://pzy.be/v/2/syncpro

Old 18th April 2018
www.FilesFlash.net

Quote:
Cloning/imaging is more useful for backing up OS partitions.

Cloning/imaging is less useful in your case, because you want to back up data.

Old 18th April 2018
www.FilesFlash.net

Quote:
SyncBack is simple to use. In a few minutes' time, you can set up the program to back up your data.

One thing I want to say ... whenever you want to be sure about the changes that will be made by the SyncBack program, preview the changes by using the SIMULATED RUN option. This is to reduce the possibility of deleting data inadvertantly. Like so:

Old 18th April 2018
www.FilesFlash.net

Setup:

I have data on D:\data1 and E:\. I want to backup all the data to external drive.

Using Computer Management, I assigned a fixed drive letter to the external drive (V:). This way the drive letter corresponding to the external drive won't change each time you plug it into the USB port.

I'll post a few screenshots.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls