Thread: Building a PC? Best configuration for all budgets. (Computers, Gadgets & Gizmos)
View Single Post
Old 26th November 2015
Ultramod
  Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund    Super Moderator: Moderator of all forums      
dukhiatma has disabled reputations
UL: 13224541375 DL: 3923343680 Ratio:
Quote:
Originally Posted by laura ka ball View Post
RAM is important I am going to use it as Exsi server with 6-7 Vm's running simultaneously. Ab tell all set hai? 2100Mhz wali ram lu? CPU,MOBO,RAM these 3 are of importance to me.

55k tak ke HP, IBM ke servers dekha but fuddu hai sab ke sab. Xeon E5 16 core gift kar mujhe
Then why didn't you write your requirements in the first place

Don't get a K series processor if you don't plan to overclock it. You can also go for an AMD FX 8350 and cut the cost significantly.

When coming to running multiple VM's, RAM size is more important. 32GB is enough RAM speed doesn't matter much as 99% of cases, your CPU will be the bottleneck.

Use SSD, but as a cache backing up your HDD(your choice). Samsung SSD's are good http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-850-...er=from-search

You can use any cabinet, as you aren't going to add GPU. I'd recommend Cooler Master HAF XB EVO(I use this cabinet as it is compartmentalised and is very spacious)

(Ignore below if VM's are headless aka no GUI)
I'd still suggest adding a low power GPU to your system as the inbuilt iGPU(Intel HD Graphics) could struggle under load
(/Ignore)

Also, I'd recommend that you add a UPS to your setup, as power failures can corrupt VM disks.

Last edited by dukhiatma : 26th November 2015 at 06:58 PM.

Page generated in 0.11812 seconds