Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> Technical Help & Tutorials > IDM not able to download from youtube using "Download with IDM" thing

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 4th October 2008

prankytoons is an unknown quantity at this point
UL: 6.05 gb DL: 4.63 gb Ratio: 1.31
Unhappy

Hi guys,

i have been using IDM as a download manager and it quiet easily manages things off. Cutting the craps out, for the past two days, when youtube video starts playing off, the IDM sign on the video which reads out as "download with IDM" aint there any longer, and i am unable to download any videos. i know the otherway round of downloading them thru other sites. but can someone out there help me with what is wrong with IDM? WHy is the sign "download with IDM" missing?

Thanx for you efforts.

Old 4th October 2008

knhsr1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
hi down load real player gold 11 verson and install it . this will autumaticaly ask u to download or not. it is only the easy way

Old 4th October 2008

i appreciate your help k1969, but can someone tell me whats wrong with idm and how should i put it back on track.

Old 4th October 2008

Eafta is an unknown quantity at this point
UL: 704.00 kb DL: 4.81 mb Ratio: 0.14
Please write FLV on option in File types tab and ok.

Then it download all flv format automatically.

Old 5th October 2008

sharathmurali is beginning to get noticed
UL: 10.25 gb DL: 21.23 gb Ratio: 0.48
Here is the trick.Dont use download with IDM option, instead use "download FLV videos with IDM " option in that use "last requested flv video" this should solve your problem

if this is does not solve problem goto Download->options-> in that there will be a integration box, click reintegrate all option ,restart your browser, now?

or else u must be using chrome browser for which i dont know, if IDM is compatible

or update to IDM 5.14 build

or reinstall IDM

Old 5th October 2008
Never say never

DNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universe
UL: 3.90 gb DL: 7.71 gb Ratio: 0.51
wat's ur version? 5.14 Build 5 was out already

This way how it works

Just place the cursor anywhere in the screen ( Not on the video) & Right Click you 'll see the options as in the pic

Sharathmurali already explained it clearly

Old 5th October 2008

I really appreciate everyone's help.

i did what Sharathmurali told me. its woking with firefox. ||||||||| i reintegrated. i updated and everything and i appreciate your help.

i even download real player gold 11 version. but still i m not getting the icon "download iwth realplayer" neither "download with idm"
i even did what DNA_Uncut told me.
if someone can pin that thing out/how to get it back ""download with idm". i will much appreciate tat.
thanx for ur help

Last edited by prankytoons : 5th October 2008 at 12:49 AM.

Old 5th October 2008
she bangs

remember is one with the universeremember is one with the universeremember is one with the universeremember is one with the universeremember is one with the universeremember is one with the universeremember is one with the universeremember is one with the universe
UL: 69.88 gb DL: 11.67 gb Ratio: 5.99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA_Uncut View Post
wat's ur version? 5.14 Build 5 was out already

< image >

This way how it works

Just place the cursor anywhere in the screen ( Not on the video) & Right Click you 'll see the options as in the pic

Sharathmurali already explained it clearly

egzatly!!!

Old 5th October 2008

alrite guys, i guess that the option "download with idm" doesnt exist anymore as a parcel of IDM. so i switching to the "right click" prescription.

thanx for all your help

Old 5th October 2008

nastyguys has many secret admirersnastyguys has many secret admirers
UL: 3.04 gb DL: 3.69 gb Ratio: 0.82
Downloading FLV video files from YouTube, MySpaceTV, and Google Video with Internet Download Manager

Internet Download Manager 5.11 build 3 features YouTube grabber to download FLV videos from popular sites like YouTube, MySpaceTV, Google Video, etc. When your browser starts playing a video file, IDM grabs its download link. If you like the video, and you would like to save it on your computer, you should open IE context menu by right clicking on the web page that plays the video, and select "Download FLV video content with IDM" menu item. The context menu appears when you right click on a web page (but not on an flv player) in your browser or by using context menu key on the keyboard.

The new release of Internet Download Manager 5.11 build 4 also adds context menu items for downloading FLV videos in Firefox and other Mozilla based browsers. If you don't have this new menu item in Firefox or other Mozilla based browsers, you will need to reinstall idmmzcc.xpi extension. Pick "File->Open File..." menu item in the main menu of your browser and open idmmzcc.xpi file from IDM root folder ("C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\" by default).
Internet Explorer (right click page context menu) Mozilla based (Firefox) (right click page context menu)

IDM will start downloading the video and show its standard download dialog. If the server has not specified the file name explicitly, IDM will name the file based on the web page title. You can also edit the filename, add a description, and change its path or category on this dialog.

It's also possible to add FLV extension to IDM list of downloadable file types in IDM Options -> "File Types" tab to take over the download of all FLV videos. In this case videos won't be played in your browser. The videos will be downloaded by IDM, saved to your local disk, and can be played if you have an FLV player.

You should have an FLV player (or codec or video converter) installed to play FLV videos. You can get more information about FLV player here

This procedure let me to download youtube vids using Firefox....Hope this works for U also.

Nastyguys

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls