Xossip

Go Back Xossip > ChitChat> News, Reviews & Gossip > Intern alleges sexual harassment by Supreme Court judge

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 12th November 2013
Visit my website

SandeepPoonam has many secret admirersSandeepPoonam has many secret admirers
Post Intern alleges sexual harassment by Supreme Court judge

source

Intern alleges sexual harassment by Supreme Court judge

NEW DELHI: A young lawyer has alleged that she was sexually harassed last December by a Supreme Court judge she was interning with and who "retired recently".

The girl, who graduated from Kolkata-based National University of Juridical Sciences this year, said the judge, who was "old enough to be her grandfather", harassed her in a hotel room at a time when Delhi had erupted against the brutal gang rape of Nirbhaya. She made the sensational charge first in blog she wrote on November 6 for 'Journal of Indian Law and Society', and repeated it on Monday in an interview to the website 'Legally India'.

The NUJS graduate said she had "cowardly" decided not to wage legal battle against her alleged tormentor but decided to speak out "as I felt I had a responsibility to ensure that other young girls were not put in a similar situation".

Currently a fellow with 'Natural Justice: Lawyers for Communities and the Environment', the young woman said she kept mum because of the high position the judge enjoyed and that she was too stunned and surprised at the time to even react with anger.

In her interview to 'Legally India', she said, "I have heard of three other cases (of sexual harassment) by the same judge and I know of at least four other girls who've faced harassment from other judges -- not perhaps as (bad as mine): most of them were in the chambers of the judge and other people around, so it never gets too bad. A girl I know faced continuous sexual harassment throughout and sexual advances, and actually faced troubles through her work because of it."

When contacted by TOI through e-mail, she said, "I have said all that I wish to say on the matter in the blog post and in the interview with Legally India. At this point, I do not think that I wish to discuss the issue any more."

In her blog, she had written, "Last December was momentous for the feminist movement in the country - almost an entire population seemed to rise up spontaneously against the violence on women, and the injustices of a seemingly apathetic government. In the strange irony of situations that our world is replete with, the protests were the backdrop of my own experience.

"In Delhi at that time, interning during the winter vacations of my final year in university, I dodged police barricades and fatigue to go to the assistance of a highly reputed, recently retired Supreme Court judge whom I was working under during my penultimate semester. For my supposed diligence, I was rewarded with sexual assault (not physically injurious, but nevertheless violating) from a man old enough to be my grandfather. I won't go into the gory details, but suffice it to say that long after I'd left the room, the memory remained, in fact, still remains, with me."

Why did she wait so long to come out with the charges? She wrote in her blog post, "All the talk during that time was of stricter punishment, of baying for the blood of 'creepy' men. Five years of law school had taught me to look to the law for all solutions - even where I knew that the law was hopelessly inadequate - and my reluctance to wage a legal battle against the judge left me feeling cowardly.

"On reflection though, I cannot help but wonder why I should have felt that way. As mentioned earlier, I bore, and still bear, no real ill-will towards the man, and had no desire to put his life's work and reputation in question. On the other hand, I felt I had a responsibility to ensure that other young girls were not put in a similar situation.

"Allowing myself to feel more than just anger at a man who violated me, something that I had never done before, is liberating! So, I want to ask you to think of one thing alone - when dealing with sexual violence, can we allow ourselves to embrace feelings beyond or besides anger, and to accept the complexity of emotions that we face when dealing with any traumatic experience?"

It will be interesting to see what action is proposed by the anti-sexual harassment committee, which was set up by the July 17 order of a bench headed by then Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir. The apex court framed regulations to protect women lawyers from sexual harassment at the hands of male counterparts within the court complex, including inside chambers within the court precincts.

The bench had taken a broader definition of "sexual harassment" to include sending of undesirable, sexually coloured text or voice messages or sexually explicit material to women advocates and also stalking. Complaints against sexual harassment would be heard by a Gender Sensitization and Internal Complaints Committee (GSICC), which is headed by a sitting SC judge.

http://www.xossip.com/member.php?u=2094906http://www.xossip.com/showthread.php?t=1341212 http://www.xossip.com/showthread.php?t=1268500
व्यभिचारी पति/स्त्रियों मे उत्कट कामुकत अर्धांगिनी

Old 12th November 2013
______
  Champions Trophy - Predict and Win: xp ICC Champions Trophy Contest    IPL Superstar Contest: XP Superstar Contest      
rajveer123 has hacked the reps databaserajveer123 has hacked the reps databaserajveer123 has hacked the reps databaserajveer123 has hacked the reps databaserajveer123 has hacked the reps databaserajveer123 has hacked the reps database
UL: 3.22 gb DL: 41.63 mb Ratio: 79.22
court near kashmere gate become G.B. Road after 5 pm that is how we are developing our "law" by having mutual benefit in terms of

Bye Friends

Last edited by rajveer123 : 12th November 2013 at 02:20 PM.

Old 12th November 2013
YAADHUM OORE; YAAVARUM KAYLEER
Visit my website

palapatrai has disabled reputations
JAI HO

Old 12th November 2013
B@nned
Visit my website

BLUE_STAR is a pillar of our community
Send a message via Yahoo to BLUE_STAR
Jhoot bole kauwa kaate

Old 12th November 2013
the exbii official doc

deepak.p is one with the universedeepak.p is one with the universedeepak.p is one with the universedeepak.p is one with the universedeepak.p is one with the universedeepak.p is one with the universedeepak.p is one with the universedeepak.p is one with the universedeepak.p is one with the universedeepak.p is one with the universe
UL: 8.42 gb DL: 8.61 gb Ratio: 0.98
time for all holier than thou members of this forum to descend the condemn the whole of judicial community as rapists and perverts as a whole
There are manifold reports about users making reply with little to no purpose in NRG ......We only have adults here and let the maturity in you be visible in your replies too... This is not an entertainment forum but a serious discussion forum... Lets make NRG as boring as Doordarshan. by order - The mature mods

Old 13th November 2013
Custom title

nairpriya2003 is hunted by the papparazinairpriya2003 is hunted by the papparazinairpriya2003 is hunted by the papparazinairpriya2003 is hunted by the papparazinairpriya2003 is hunted by the papparazinairpriya2003 is hunted by the papparazinairpriya2003 is hunted by the papparazinairpriya2003 is hunted by the papparazi
UL: 702.87 mb DL: 1.13 gb Ratio: 0.61
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandeepPoonam View Post
source
Intern alleges sexual harassment by Supreme Court judge

NEW DELHI: A young lawyer has alleged that she was sexually harassed last December by a Supreme Court judge she was interning with and who "retired recently".
ge, who was "old enough to be her grandfather", harassed her in a hotel room at a time when Delhi had erupted against the brutal gang rape of Nirbhaya. She made the sensational charge first in blog she wrote on November 6 for 'Journal of Indian Law and Society', and repeated it on Monday in an interview to the website 'Legally India'.

The NUJS graduate said she had "cowardly" decided not to wage legal battle against her alleged tormentor but decided to speak out "as I felt I had a responsibility to ensure that other young girls were not put in a similar situation".

In her interview to 'Legally India', she said, "I have heard of three other cases (of sexual harassment) by the same judge and I know of at least four other girls who've faced harassment from other judges -- not perhaps as (bad as mine): most of them were in the chambers of the judge and other people around, so it never gets too bad. A girl I know faced continuous sexual harassment throughout and sexual advances, and actually faced troubles through her work because of it.".

the fact is dat we have a bunch of fools mocking in the name of democrazy and the black coat devils are always sold to the rich and influencials

aam admy can't withstand with any of these devils

how many of us have full faith on the judiciary ?:"

Quote:
Lack of development forcing people into NaxalismTribals have not been given their rights on their own land. Poverty and unemployment are on the rise news".in.msn.com/national/lack-of-development-forcing-people-into-naxalism-sonia.""] http://news.in.msn.com/national/lack-of-development-forcing-people-into-naxalism-sonia."[/url]
http://news.in.msn.com/national/lack...naxalism-sonia

Last days with U

Last edited by nairpriya2003 : 14th November 2013 at 01:44 AM.

Old 13th November 2013
Custom title

johnresse has received several accoladesjohnresse has received several accoladesjohnresse has received several accoladesjohnresse has received several accolades
Damn the next few days it will be a battle cry in Editorials , Opinions , Quora

Last edited by johnresse : 13th November 2013 at 10:53 AM.

Old 13th November 2013
GOD OF XOSSIP
  Diamond: Contributed more than $250 for XP server fund    Diamond: Contributed more than $250 for XP server fund    Moderator: Moderator of some forums    Annual Masala Awards: Thread of the Year    Diamond: Contributed more than $250 for XP server fund    Diamond: Contributed more than $250 for XP server fund    Diamond: Contributed more than $250 for XP server fund    Super Donor: Highest Contributor to XP server fund. Contributed more than $1000    Diamond: Contributed more than $250 for XP server fund    Diamond: Contributed more than $250 for XP server fund    Election: NHB Elections (Contest)    Storyteller: XP's Ultimate Erotic Story Contest      
Meriaiza has disabled reputations
I bore, and still bear, no real ill-will towards the man, and had no desire to put his life's work and reputation in question.

With this kind of thinking one can't help but think that the bitch is only speaking now because the man is no longer in power. If female lawyers are that cowardly then what hope a house wife will have if they are sexually molested?

Old 13th November 2013
The Sultan Of Sarcasm
Visit my website

babakhanz is one with the universebabakhanz is one with the universebabakhanz is one with the universe
UL: 100.61 mb DL: 83.81 mb Ratio: 1.20
no i dont have faith in judiciary but i am afraid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairpriya2003 View Post
the fact is dat we have a bunch of fools mocking in the name of democrazy and the black coat devils are always sold to the rich and influencials

aam admy can't withstand with any of these devils

how many of us have full faith on the judiciary ?
the person iwas haveing a torrid affair with also threatend me because sha is a high courts Judges daughter so i just leave her alone and her highly strung ego alone may be pms too ! as said earlier Judicary and Police are just rich mans whores!

We tell lies when we are afraid... afraid of what we don't know, afraid of what others will think, afraid of what will be found out about us. But every time we tell a lie, the thing that we fear grows stronger. ~Tad Williams

Old 13th November 2013
GPT- Data entry - Paid Surveys
Visit my website

James.r699 has celebrities hunting for his/her autographJames.r699 has celebrities hunting for his/her autographJames.r699 has celebrities hunting for his/her autographJames.r699 has celebrities hunting for his/her autographJames.r699 has celebrities hunting for his/her autographJames.r699 has celebrities hunting for his/her autographJames.r699 has celebrities hunting for his/her autographJames.r699 has celebrities hunting for his/her autographJames.r699 has celebrities hunting for his/her autographJames.r699 has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph
it shocks that the most educated women who are lawyers also became victim of harassment. why this was not reported when the judge was in power before retirement. this lady had no courage to report it on web some months ago when the judge was in power?

Last edited by James.r699 : 13th November 2013 at 12:57 PM.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls