Xossip

Go Back Xossip > BackOffice> Help, Suggestions, Bug Reports, Complaints etc. > linbucks .com

View Poll Results: Do you think Exbii should allow 'easy to skip' pay per click links like Linkbucks ?
Yes 3 20.00%
No 10 66.67%
Don't care 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1st November 2008

mamouth007 is beginning to get noticed
Hi.

Pay per clicks links are not allowed here.
That's why my videos & pics thread (which was supposed to be a megathread) is now closed).

http://www.xossip.com/showthread.php?t=341474

I don't understand why such links are forbidden.
You click on it and you got an ad. It takes you half a second to skip it and then you got your link.
Hosting sites are a much bigger problem when you don't have a premium account.
Like MegaUpload. You have to wait 60 seconds for the first file and then an hour or so for each additionnal file. It's much more annoying for the downloaders but it's allowed.
So forbidding Linkbucks doesn't make sense.

I am a downloader too. I don't care about pay per clicks links and i think a lot of people, probably most people here, don't care about it either and are happy with the pics and videos, Linkbucks or not.

We all agree that any new post makes the forum better and Linkbucks is a great support to give us the strength to post a lot.

So i'm writing this, here, in order to get your opinion as a downloader. And make some suggestions too.

Do you think Exbii should allow pay per clicks links like Linkbucks ?

Yes or No...

If some people are interested in the stuff that I could post if Linkbucks is allowed, maybe mods and admins here could consider some suggestions in order to adapt the rules.

Like announcing the Linkbucks links in the title of the thread so those who don't care about it could enter and donwload, and those who don't like that wouldn't feel abused and would be free to stay out of that evil thing.

I could also regroup all my posts and all my links in 1 big thread so it wouldn't be all other the place here.

So what do you think about it ?
Speak and vote...

Last edited by mamouth007 : 1st November 2008 at 08:40 AM.

Old 1st November 2008
  Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund    Election: NHB Elections (Contest)      
caprir has hacked the reps databasecaprir has hacked the reps databasecaprir has hacked the reps databasecaprir has hacked the reps databasecaprir has hacked the reps databasecaprir has hacked the reps database
UL: 1.86 gb DL: 34.25 mb Ratio: 55.72
will you share your money with us?

Old 1st November 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprir View Post
will you share your money with us?
If you join Linkbucks, you could make some decent money too...

Old 1st November 2008
:ciao: XB
  Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund    Betting Badshah: Winner    Storyteller: Valentine's Love Guru      
v_siddhesh has hacked the reps databasev_siddhesh has hacked the reps databasev_siddhesh has hacked the reps databasev_siddhesh has hacked the reps databasev_siddhesh has hacked the reps databasev_siddhesh has hacked the reps database
UL: 54.13 gb DL: 4.64 gb Ratio: 11.67
Quote:
Do you think Exbii should allow pay per clicks links like Linkbucks ?
No....

This will be abused easily by many ppl just to earn money, maybe u dont care about using it in that way, but unfortunately others have, and thats the reason why its not allowed.......

Old 1st November 2008
Peace Rocks
  Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund    Election: NHB Elections (Contest)      
sarab has hacked the reps databasesarab has hacked the reps databasesarab has hacked the reps databasesarab has hacked the reps databasesarab has hacked the reps databasesarab has hacked the reps databasesarab has hacked the reps databasesarab has hacked the reps databasesarab has hacked the reps databasesarab has hacked the reps databasesarab has hacked the reps database
UL: 271.32 mb DL: 18.41 mb Ratio: 14.74
i support different section for paid links like many other forums
usually videos on these paying hosts are very good & presented well
so.....

Old 1st November 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_siddhesh View Post
No....

This will be abused easily by many ppl just to earn money, maybe u dont care about using it in that way, but unfortunately others have, and thats the reason why its not allowed.......
Well not really.
If there is a new rule, and if someone doesn't respect it, mods will have to do their job.
And it's better to earn half a buck a day with linkbucks here for months or year than 3 bucks a day but only for 2 days before being banned.

Old 1st November 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarab View Post
i support different section for paid links like many other forums
usually videos on these paying hosts are very good & presented well
so.....

That would be a good way to do it...

Old 5th November 2008
Don Vito Corleone
Visit my website
  Administrator: Administrator of Xossip    Boobs: Guess the Boobs Contest Winner      
GodFather has disabled reputations
UL: 3.30 tb DL: 577.46 gb Ratio: 5.85
we tried, but people spam. they post useless/junk/repeat links with attractive titles just to gain more clicks. our mods have worked very hard to bring pnv under control, and it is looking much better than it used to. we are in no mood to go back to the spam filled days.

Old 7th November 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodFather View Post
we tried, but people spam. they post useless/junk/repeat links with attractive titles just to gain more clicks. our mods have worked very hard to bring pnv under control, and it is looking much better than it used to. we are in no mood to go back to the spam filled days.
Hi Godfather...

I understand your point, but i think you're wrong.

People were spamming posting useless, junk, repeat or dead links...

1- It's the same thing as any post, linksbuck or not.
If the post sucks for any of these reasons, it has to be deleted.
That basic rule is already existing and is already applied, so no problem about that. It doesn't change anything.

2- People have to post 'quality' stuff in order to earn money.
If it's crap, you get much less clicks. And if it's dead, people see it quickly and speak, so you don't get a lot of clicks anymore.

3- And spammers can't make long term money and they know it because they'll get banned pretty quickly.

Most linkbucks posters follow the rules, because it means more money for them at the end of the day.

So if you adapt the rules everybody wins because you'll get much more good stuff than crap.

Right now, a spammer who breaks the rule about linksbuck can make some money before getting banned.
And someone who's respecting the rule gets nothing.

Which means that the good guys lose and the spammers win.

With the changes explained here (Linksbuck section + 1 big LB thread per poster) you could continue to kick spammers asses and allowing good people to do their thing.