Xossip

Go Back Xossip > ChitChat> News, Reviews & Gossip > Apple, with limited choices, likely to retain Samsung partnership

Old 1st July 2013
veni, vidi, vici
Visit my website

screwman_2 has hacked the reps databasescrewman_2 has hacked the reps databasescrewman_2 has hacked the reps databasescrewman_2 has hacked the reps databasescrewman_2 has hacked the reps databasescrewman_2 has hacked the reps database
UL: 34.25 gb DL: 132.18 gb Ratio: 0.26
Post Apple, with limited choices, likely to retain Samsung partnership

Apple, with limited choices, likely to retain Samsung partnership

CUPERTINO, Calif., June 29 (UPI) -- U.S. technology giant Apple is stuck working with rival Samsung Electronics, despite a souring relationship, an industry analyst said.

Apple has used Samsung as a supplier of critical components for years. At the same time, Samsung built up its own business that now ships more smartphones than Apple, The Wall Street Journal said Saturday.

Apple and Samsung have sparred in court in recent years over ownership of the rights to various patents.

In the meantime, Apple is till Samsung's largest customer for components. Industry analyst Mark Newman at Sanford Bernstein in Hong Kong estimated Apple bought $10 billion worth of components from Samsung in 2012 -- accounting for a major portion of Samsung's $59.13 billion components business.

It also means Apple cannot easily walk away from Samsung to find replacement components, and Samsung is certainly interested in keeping Apple as a client, the Journal said.

"If Samsung loses Apple as a client, it will have an impact because Apple represents a large portion" of Samsung's component business, Newman said.

"That's forced more of these strange bedfellows, because the choices are limited," said Michael Marks, a Stanford University Graduate School of Business instructor on supply chains.

The odds of Apple finding other suppliers who can match its production and quality standards "aren't good," Marks said.

"That is why they keep buying from Samsung."

Nonetheless, Apple is trying to distance itself from a rival that company executives believe profited from using Apple's own technology.

Apple recently signed a contract with Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company to produce microchips for iPads and iPhones, but it took long negotiations to get to that point.

The talks with the Taiwanese company began in 2010. Part of the talks included Apple asking for TSMC to dedicated part of its factory to Apple products, but the Taiwanese company refused to lock itself into one client and lose flexibility, the Journal said.

-url=http://www.techbrowsing.com/article.php?s=tech&t=apple-with-limited-choices-likely-to-retain-samsung-partnership&from=land]s[/url]

Old 1st July 2013
i will have you for dinner!
Visit my website
  Bigg Boss: XP's Bigg Boss Contest    Super Selector: xp Super Selector Contest    Betting Badshah: Winner    Mr Xossip: Mr XP Contest Winner    Co-administrator: Co-administrator of Xossip    Soccer WC '06: Soccer World Cup '06 Contest    Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund      
2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database
UL: 276.11 mb DL: 114.60 mb Ratio: 2.41
win win for samsung

Old 2nd July 2013
Visit my website

yaadhum_oore has disabled reputations
IF U CAN'T WIN THEM JOIN WITH THEM.

Old 3rd July 2013
dooki is my girl :love:
  MasalaDesi Birthday Feast: 1st Runner Up - Uploaders Category    Moderator: Moderator of some forums      
kunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps database
Send a message via Yahoo to kunwara42010
UL: 27.11 gb DL: 6.68 gb Ratio: 4.06
both companies will fight inside court but outside noe one want to leave other
yahi to dostana hai

Old 6th July 2013
sobdabaaj

vshs is hunted by the papparazivshs is hunted by the papparazivshs is hunted by the papparazivshs is hunted by the papparazivshs is hunted by the papparazivshs is hunted by the papparazivshs is hunted by the papparazivshs is hunted by the papparazi
UL: 13.69 gb DL: 16.62 gb Ratio: 0.82
samsung will be doomed soon.... and i belive samsung will be killed by google.

apple killed by samsung killed by google

Old 6th July 2013
nastyguys
Visit my website

nastyguysz has celebrities hunting for his/her autographnastyguysz has celebrities hunting for his/her autographnastyguysz has celebrities hunting for his/her autographnastyguysz has celebrities hunting for his/her autographnastyguysz has celebrities hunting for his/her autographnastyguysz has celebrities hunting for his/her autographnastyguysz has celebrities hunting for his/her autographnastyguysz has celebrities hunting for his/her autographnastyguysz has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph
Send a message via ICQ to nastyguysz Send a message via MSN to nastyguysz
UL: 32.12 gb DL: 1.70 gb Ratio: 18.93
Quote:
Originally Posted by vshs View Post

Then who killls google....

Last edited by nastyguysz : 6th July 2013 at 07:45 AM.

Old 6th July 2013
i will have you for dinner!
Visit my website
  Bigg Boss: XP's Bigg Boss Contest    Super Selector: xp Super Selector Contest    Betting Badshah: Winner    Mr Xossip: Mr XP Contest Winner    Co-administrator: Co-administrator of Xossip    Soccer WC '06: Soccer World Cup '06 Contest    Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund      
2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database2dead2 has hacked the reps database
UL: 276.11 mb DL: 114.60 mb Ratio: 2.41
Quote:
Originally Posted by vshs View Post

google needs samsung and all android handset makers

Old 6th July 2013
[Sailfish] #Unlike
Visit my website
  Moderator: Moderator of some forums      
shapey is hunted by the papparazishapey is hunted by the papparazi
everything is moving to china: http://www.businessinsider.com/samsu...success-2013-7