Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> Gaming > Multiple GPU Query

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 25th August 2013
Exbii ki Haseena
Visit my website
  Councillor: Council Member      
shawn_smith is one with the universeshawn_smith is one with the universeshawn_smith is one with the universeshawn_smith is one with the universeshawn_smith is one with the universeshawn_smith is one with the universeshawn_smith is one with the universe
UL: 4.56 gb DL: 8.67 gb Ratio: 0.53
Multiple GPU Query

How to know whether my mother board can have multiple GPU's. I don't know how it works but I read somewhere that u can have that to improve your gaming experience. My config is kinda old
AMD ATHLON 64x2 Dual Core processor 3600+
GPU - Nvidia 8600 GT
RAM 2 GB

I want to know whether I can have multiple GPU's or not. And if not then I want to improve/upgrade my system for gaming. Upgrading RAM and Graphics card will do the trick or I have to change the processor altogether, thanx in advance

updated -"XXX Gif Shop - Gif to shag"-updated

Read my story - Vaasna,
Fight or Flight, Jericho's Cafe for The Ultimate Story Contest<<- Click here to Add Review

Old 25th August 2013
Never say never

DNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universe
UL: 3.90 gb DL: 7.71 gb Ratio: 0.51
You can crossfire if your board supports. Since the config looks old. I think it won't. You will need two x16 slots or onboard gpu + external gpu to crossfire ...

If you 're a hardcore gamer. Change the whole cpu (Mobo, processor, ram, gpu, psu etc).

If you just want an improvement. First upgrade the ram and see if it reduces the lag. If it still lags. Change to better gpu + psu

Remember new gen gpus are always a bottleneck when paired with older processors, so a whole upgrade is recommended if you have the money ...

Old 25th August 2013
Exbii ki Haseena
Visit my website
shawn_smith is one with the universeshawn_smith is one with the universeshawn_smith is one with the universeshawn_smith is one with the universeshawn_smith is one with the universeshawn_smith is one with the universeshawn_smith is one with the universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA_Uncut View Post
You can crossfire if your board supports. Since the config looks old. I think it won't. You will need two x16 slots or onboard gpu + external gpu to crossfire ...

If you 're a hardcore gamer. Change the whole cpu (Mobo, processor, ram, gpu, psu etc).

If you just want an improvement. First upgrade the ram and see if it reduces the lag. If it still lags. Change to better gpu + psu

Remember new gen gpus are always a bottleneck when paired with older processors, so a whole upgrade is recommended if you have the money ...
Lets say I dont get a second GPU and replace the current in-built GPU with a better one. What would u recommend I should buy since I am not upgrading my processor. Ram also I will upgrade.

Read my story - Vaasna,
Fight or Flight, Jericho's Cafe for The Ultimate Story Contest<<- Click here to Add Review

Old 25th August 2013
Never say never

DNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universe
What's you budget for both ram + gpu?

Old 25th August 2013
Exbii ki Haseena
Visit my website
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA_Uncut View Post
What's you budget for both ram + gpu?
I was gonna buy PS3 but instead m thinking of upgrading my system..so lets say 16K

Read my story - Vaasna,

Old 25th August 2013
Never say never

http://www.flipkart.com/sapphire-amd...c-71de4907e4e1

http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-cmps...4-2f028b37dcc0

add another 2 GB DDR2 RAM ...

Old 25th August 2013

fannymagnet21 has many secret admirersfannymagnet21 has many secret admirers
UL: 36.93 gb DL: 19.73 gb Ratio: 1.87
Also do a scan of your existing HDD seek and write times in (ms)....HDD Sentinel or similar will help u do that...If possible addon a Super Fast SSD instead of regular sata HDD for OS Drive...Most of the time the ram,cpu and gpu are done with their tasks waiting for HDD ..so its a bottleneck

Last edited by fannymagnet21 : 25th August 2013 at 06:10 PM.

Old 25th August 2013
Fuck you, got mine
Visit my website
  Moderator: Moderator of some forums      
dukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps database
UL: 12.32 gb DL: 3.65 gb Ratio: 3.37
Quote:
Originally Posted by fannymagnet21 View Post
Addon a SSD instead of regular sata HDD for peaks
An SSD will do bugger all for gaming performance.

Old 25th August 2013

fannymagnet21 has many secret admirersfannymagnet21 has many secret admirers
UL: 36.93 gb DL: 19.73 gb Ratio: 1.87
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukhiatma View Post
An SSD will do bugger all for gaming performance.
I was editing my post while you were replying...and i dont agree with you...the seek time when gaming on an ssd is just phenominal..and there are ready for gaming ssds already available..just burns a hole..like a nigga session

Old 25th August 2013
Fuck you, got mine
Visit my website
  Moderator: Moderator of some forums      
dukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps database
UL: 12.32 gb DL: 3.65 gb Ratio: 3.37
Quote:
Originally Posted by fannymagnet21 View Post
I was editing my post while you were replying...and i dont agree with you...the seek time when gaming on an ssd is just phenominal..and there are ready for gaming ssds already available..just burns a hole..like a nigga session
Seek times are pointless for games as all data required for the level is loaded during a loading screen. The best thing that would happen after an SSD install is that your loading times would reduce considerably. Other than that, your framerate will remain unchanged.

One would arguably say that SSD's could be better than HDD's in sandbox aka open world games like GTA. But advancement in texture streaming tech. makes sure that it does not happen

Last edited by dukhiatma : 25th August 2013 at 08:39 PM.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls